Software improvments

Moderator: LaSAT

Antworten
whome

Software improvments

Beitrag von whome »

I have been using STB 2007 PVR CI in Thailand now in two months.

My experience is quite good but I have some problems.

1. I use the STB to record Svt Europa every night (because of the 6 hour difference between Sweden and Thailand). More or less a very long time shift. Svt Europa doesn't transmit EPG.

The recording list only get the name of the channel + a digit (e.g. "SVT Europa1", "SVT Europa2", "SVT Europa3"). The problem is that I have can not figure out when the recording is done. If I delete a recording in the middle of list the next recording will take that name. In the example above the "SVT Europa2" will be replace of a new one if it is deleted. This is VERY confusing...
Recording list
Recording list
IMG_2306.JPG (55.24 KiB) 6635 mal betrachtet
2. The electricity in Thailand is very unstable. It is power interruption very often. Often short (a minute or less). Then the STB lose some settings (e.g. the timers). It is is very frustrating to set up the timers more or less everyday. So frustrating that I have bought a UPS to avoid the problem.
UPS
UPS
IMG_2309.JPG (35.76 KiB) 6635 mal betrachtet
Both the problems can solved by changing the software (I hope). I do have a RS2332 cable so if you like me to test any solutions I would be glad to help.
Raffke

Re: Software improvments

Beitrag von Raffke »

whome,

the first mentioned problems are not really new to us :wall:
Apart from that, it's good to hear some other experience to get this fixed rather soon by LaSat!

Power interruptions don't appear too often in Germany, but it's always a good choice to safe energy by switching the device completely off... That's why this appears on top position in my collected "Wish List"!

The second one is really annoying, too.
I will include this on my list, as it makes your recordings unusable...

Raffke
ZapMasterHD TWIN SAT USB [Wisi OR-294], V.0229
--> Download: pc2boxNG, pc2boxLX, Java-Senderlisteneditor
--> HowTo: Vom Stream zur DVD [SD]
tibor
LaSAT-Mitarbeiter
LaSAT-Mitarbeiter

Beitrag von tibor »

if you record a channel without EPG_now_next, the channel_name is used as file_name, else the now_next short info is used for it.
a file name must be unique on a file system , a solution is to add a counter behind the name, perhaps the date is more useful, but what's happen if the date is not already received ?

a tricky solution to avoid a record_timer lost, sorry but we don't have enough flash memory to store additional information on this box.
whome

Beitrag von whome »

Thanx for your answer!

My suggestion is to use the date_time (or date_number) instead of the channel_name_number (in case of no EPG data). The channel name is always displayed in the corner of the image anyway. The current solution with channel_name_number is not god. :?

The timers can be written to the disk instead of flash memory (and deleted when the recording is finished). During start up the file can be read and the timers can be restored.

Also the current channel and operation state (On/Off) can be written to disk so the STB "wakes up" correctly.

An other problem is that the time does not update correctly. I have noticed that it is update if I switch to video text. This should be done automatically during start up.

E
tibor
LaSAT-Mitarbeiter
LaSAT-Mitarbeiter

Beitrag von tibor »

whome hat geschrieben:Thanx for your answer!

My suggestion is to use the date_time (or date_number) instead of the channel_name_number (in case of no EPG data). The channel name is always displayed in the corner of the image anyway. The current solution with channel_name_number is not god. :?

E
date_time is only unique if you be in contact with a network . the repetition rate of this network_info is sometimes
high or not available. if you want to use this info as a unique name in a file system, you must wait for a network_sync at each power up :(
therefore i think our solution is most useful for most of our users.
whome hat geschrieben:
The timers can be written to the disk instead of flash memory (and deleted when the recording is finished). During start up the file can be read and the timers can be restored.

Also the current channel and operation state (On/Off) can be written to disk so the STB "wakes up" correctly.

E
yes we know, but the same software must also work without harddisk.
Raffke

Beitrag von Raffke »

tibor,

I'd also suggest to use date (maybe together with time). If this is not unique for some reason, you could use the existing counter to append a number...
I think you don't have to care about what's happening after power on (for now), as all timers are lost during power off.
BTW: The use of date (and time) would be helpful for other repeating recordings, too!

Another thing should really count as a bug:
If you record something without any EPG, there's no info on the recording afterwards.
So you should consider one of two ways:
1. Store the original programmed timer date&time when activating the timer, if no EPG is present
2. (the more useful way when thinking of repeated recordings) Store the date&time (or EPG if present) at the time of recording!

I already asked for the second to be implemented, but without any solution yet...

Regarding the storage of last channel and ON/OFF info - don't you have 2 bytes left in Flash memory?
What about reducing the number of possible channels by 1?!

PS: Sorry for wrinting in English, but I also wanted whome to know my oppinion about this. :D
ZapMasterHD TWIN SAT USB [Wisi OR-294], V.0229
--> Download: pc2boxNG, pc2boxLX, Java-Senderlisteneditor
--> HowTo: Vom Stream zur DVD [SD]
whome

Beitrag von whome »

tibor hat geschrieben: date_time is only unique if you be in contact with a network . the repetition rate of this network_info is sometimes
high or not available. if you want to use this info as a unique name in a file system, you must wait for a network_sync at each power up :(
therefore i think our solution is most useful for most of our users.
To set up a timer you need the "current time" from a network or teletext. As I wrote the box doesn't read the time correctly during start up (I guess it waits for a network sync). Each time I have to switch to teletext to get the date and time correct. Then I can set up the timers (again). :cry:

The same date can be used as a file name. If the name (date) already exist can a number be added (like the current solution with the channel name).

To read the correct time from a network or teletext require that you store the current channel to disk.
tibor hat geschrieben: yes we know, but the same software must also work without harddisk.
If you use the same software for both boxes with and without hard disk drive you obviously enable some features if the box have a disk. E.g. there is no meaning to have the recording feature enabled if the box doesn't have a disk.

If the box doesn't have a disk there is no meaning to store timers for recording to disk. But if the box have a disk the feature to store the recording timers to disk are useful.

Edit:
Raffke, I didn't read your post before I wrote mine. But we seams to agree. I am glad that you write in English :clap:
Miqueldecielo

Beitrag von Miqueldecielo »

Hello,
saving the timers is a long awaited feature. Every time my box crashes, i send a bad wish to whoever is responsible :wall:
To my opinion it would be easy to extend the harddisk specific menu with two points:
* save timers to harddisk
* restore timers from harddisk
This would at least give a manual chance to restore the timers after power-loss. Even if the timer would be visible as a "recording file", i wouldn't mind. This would make life much easier with this box. :yes:

I also agree, that putting the time and date in the recording info would be good, if no EPG or Current/Next-Info is available.

Miqueldecielo
Antworten